  From: George Rogato
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:14 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] IPTV

  It wouldn't happen to be this one:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/ProAV/Plasmas/PPM50M5HBXXAA.asp?page=Specifications

  I was thinking of buying this last year. Held off looking for lower
  pricing, so I can buy 2.

  George

  Rich Comroe wrote:
  >> I myself don't want to watch a movie on my pc monitor. I like the
  >> comfort of a big picture in my easy chair. When I can do that with
  >> internet tv, it will be a lot more popular.
  >
  > Yeah, but ...
  > My living room big picture that I watch from my easy chair happens to be my
PC video server, not a TV.  It's been over a year since I used a "TV" (which I
define as a display box with a TV tuner built in).  The living room PC has a
couple TV tuner cards, Internet connection, and drives a big 48" display. Watch
cable, programs previously recorded to disk (BeyondTV software is great with a
half-terabyte drives), or Internet content.  There's never even been a keyboard
on this machine.  If I wanna navigate there's a wireless mouse that sits on the
hassock next to the tuner card remote controls.  If I really need to type, I
have to use a laptop with VNC.  Essentially a TIVO on steroids.  It's geek
heaven!

  > Yeah, but ...
  > Location Free, Slingbox, etc., do quite nicely on much much less BW.  Is
IPTV really that much of a hog that it needs 1.25Mbps?  How could it possibly
compete against products out there already that use only a tenth of this BW?

  > Rich

VoD