I'm a bit confused, because I thougth the FCC specifically stated that there
is no longer any funds, nor are any applications under those sections
accepted anymore.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-06-56A1.pdf

Relevant paragraph:

2. More generally, we herein specify mechanisms to ensure that
telecommunications

carriers comply with CALEA. Specifically, under the express terms of the
statute, all carriers subject to

CALEA are obliged to become CALEA-compliant. We find that sections 107(c)
and 109(b) of CALEA

provide only limited and temporary relief from compliance requirements, and
that they are

complementary provisions that serve different purposes, which are,
respectively: (1) extension of the

CALEA section 103 compliance deadline for equipment, facility, or service
deployed before October 25,

1998; and (2) recovery of CALEA-imposed costs.