----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] from WISPA's home page.... telecom services

> Mark Koskenmaki wrote:
>

> >There are many other ways for law enforcement to get what it needs.
Even
> >better would be a REAL law, written properly, and funded properly by
> >Congress, instead of this absurdity about information services and
> >telecommuncations services.   You know, of course, that this hybrid
> >'standing' is about as shaky as a sand castle on the beach.  It wont' be
any
> >time before we're fully "telecommuncations services" and the mandates and
> >regulations and controls fly at us like vultures to roadkill or flies to
> >cowpie.
> >

> Actually, shaky would be incorrect. Please read the Supreme Court's
opinion on Brand-X. It states in no

Shaky is the term I used, because this classification isn't law, just FCC
opinion.   That's obviously subject to whatever breeze blows through DC.
Now that there is no longer consistency in all matters,  the defense against
further redefinition is little more than how much noise and ruckus we can
raise.