As I am finding myself back into sales, I have a question concerning CALEA.  I
just read this blurb:

The “facilities-based” terminology was meant to include providers offering
connectivity infrastructure between end users and the Internet. However,
establishments that acquire broadband Internet access service from a
facilities-based provider to enable their customers to access the Internet from
their respective establishments are excluded. The FCC explicitly exempted
retail providers such as those offering hot spot WiFi (News - Alert) service
where the actual Internet connectivity is obtained from another provider

From this site:  http://www.rad-info.net/fcc/calea1.htm

This would indicate to me that if you are a retail provider, i.e. you buy your
broadband from someone else and resell it to your customers, that you are
exempt.  This would suggest that the onus is on your provider to monitor your
T-1 or other connection to them in the event of a need for a tap.

Any clarity on this would be great.

------------------------------------
WirelessGuys
David Peterson
Senior Wireless Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
207 W. Los Angeles Avenue, Suite 300
Moorpark, CA 93021-1862
tel: 800-945-3294
mobile: 979.224.4192
AIM: ultramesh inc
Skype ID:nexuswirelessusa

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient,
(or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any
attachments and contact the sender by reply email or telephone (800) 945-3294.