Dear Representative Stupak,

I'm writing to support your request on March 14, 2007 asking that the FCC Commissioners consider a waiver from CALEA regulations for small broadband providers.

In a nutshell, the costs of complying with the CALEA provisions are far in excess of what small broadband providers can afford to pay. It is poor government policy to allow the costs of CALEA compliance to literally put small broadband providers out of business thereby denying broadband Internet access to many rural Americans.

Do you plan to introduce legislation that directs the FCC to reconsider their regulations and to consider the compliance costs when regulating small Internet access providers?

Please advise me how I can further support your effort to retain broadband Internet access service for rural Americans.

Thank you for your time, interest, and efforts.

Sincerely,
            Jack Unger

P.S. - I am copying this email to the general email list maintained by the Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA.org) to help as many small ISPs as possible learn about and support your efforts in their behalf. I will forward your response to this list.

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification Assistance for Wireless Service Providers