http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

I recommend Thoreau's treatise on the subject.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J. Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:59 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Was lemmings... now What is WISPA?

... I wish now that I had paid more attention in History classes....

Which of the founding fathers said something to the effect that the
proper response of the citizenry
to an unjust law was to ignore/disobey it?

John Vogel

Butch Evans wrote:

> On Wed, 2 May 2007, Lonnie Nunweiler wrote:
>
>> Changing the laws happens MUCH quicker if a mass of people openly
>> oppose it.  Your country was founded on that very principle.
>
> Yes it does (sometimes).  Open opposition to a law and advocating
> criminal action are not the same thing.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient,
(or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any
review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any
attachments and contact the sender by reply email or telephone (800) 945-3294.