To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] CALEA Question

I think you better just take a rate increase and chalk it up to increased expenses all the way around as opposed to creating a CALEA charge line item. Adding a fee as a line item could get you in trouble with the FTC if not approved as a legitimate added government fee (just my opinion, nothing to base this on other than my gut). Your fuel and electricity have jumped considerably I am sure. I am considering a rate increase over these added costs also. I see no way around it. I have never raised my rates in 10 years. Times are changing I am afraid.
Scriv

Ross Cornett wrote:

I give up I just signed a contract to ensure my protection under CALEA. My hope is tht those that become compliant do not get underminded by those that have hidden in the bushes and took the risk upon themselves by not becoming compliant.

It appears that it is time to start charging a homeland security fee. Since we cannot authorize taxes, we can charge fees that will allow us to mange these cost. By my figures, I will have to charge at least $1.53 per month per customer. Since this doens't include dialup customers, my broadband customers will have to incurr this burden alone.

What are you thougths on this.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David E. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>