To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 5.4 Ghz

They tend to sell for comparable dollars to the Orthogon products. MSRP is $12K - $16K depending on version. They also include at least 4 T1s without tapping into the ethernet bandwidth. Seems each product has it's sweet spot. Orthogon is great for dificult paths. Exalt is great for low latency and T1s. Also with adjustable bandwidth it can fit in between inteference, so may be good for crowded areas. And now for the commercial, Electro-Comm is a master distributor for Exalt.
Mike B

George Rogato wrote:

How much?

Dylan Oliver wrote:

Brett Bonomo and Greg VanDell of Exalt provided amazing pre-sales support when I inquired about their 4.9 GHz gear for an RFP a few weeks ago. Exalt takes the cake in 4.9 GHz because of high guaranteed throughput (up to 55 Mbps goodput with 20 MHz channel) and sync, which would allow many more than
two links to be deployed from a central location. They can also do
sub-millisecond latency (or up to 5 ms for maximum throughput) and have adjustable channel sizes - down to 5 MHz, I believe, with 1 MHz spacing - to
help one fit into cluttered spectrum. All of these things apply to the
5.xtri-band product, except that it can do 13 Mbps (in 8 MHz) to 216
Mbps (in
64 MHz). The integrated tri-band radio/antenna looks like the most flexible option out there right now for shorter links where any of the three bands
would work.