http://www.netburnerstore.com/embedded_ethernet_development_p/nndk-mod5270lc-kit.htm
$99 includes core module, development board, ac adapter, ethernet cable, crossover cable, serial cable, and software (including a collection of canned applications). Lowest priced hardware I've seen.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blake Bowers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:00 PM
Subject: [WISPA] A Box

I need a box.
What I want is a 802.11 type box, that has alarm
contacts.  When the alarm contact is triggered (N/C N/O)
then it would send an email.  The box would probably
have an IP address that would allow it to be connected
to the local WISP, as well as a wired connection that
could be connected to a router.

Maybe a SCADA device.

Picture the possiblities.  A large manufacturing complex
could keep track of all their functions - and security, through a WISP, even geographically diverse locations.

Any ideas?