JohnnyO wrote:
> Dee - that is just it though - The quotes you gave me as well as other
> Barracuda owners, was about 3X the amount someone should be paying for
> this type of service through a larger Web/Email hosting firm.
>
> This is what I originally stated might offend some of the "barracuda
> owners" here.

The costs vary, of course. If you're a very small outfit (with only a
few hundred email addresses), outsourcing is probably more
cost-effective. Larger outfits may benefit from doing things in-house.

I once crunched the numbers, and our Barracuda is saving my boss several
hundred a month over Postini (and that included a WISPA-specific
discount), but we're juggling a few thousand email addresses.

Sometimes it's the other way around, of course. Really, the only way to
be sure of what's going on for you is to talk to a couple vendors and
see what's best for your company.

David Smith
MVN.net