I want my cpe 200's back!!!
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blair Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] SB and Tranzeo compatibility

Recently, I've had problems with CPQ's connecting to Atheros based Mesh AP's. They work for a bit then stop communicating.

If I reset them to factory defaults and then reconfigure them, they sometimes start working again.

Currently, I just move the units that stop talking to my Atheros based AP's to locations with Prisiam or Hermes based AP's.

This is, of course, not a long term fix as I am slowly removing the Hermes and Prisiam based AP's from my network....

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:
Anyone else running into problems with the newer CPQ radios and their existing SB access points?

I'm seeing either total non functioning systems or intermittent problems.

The symptom is that the CPQ can't see the AP's ssid. Rebooting the AP sometimes helps, temporarily.

This did NOT happen with the CPE-200 units. And did NOT happen with older CPQ radios (that I'd noticed anyway).

I run all radios in bridge mode, changing the preamble doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Am I alone with this problem?

Swapping to the new Teletronics TT2400 aps (nice working units so far!!!) cures the problem. Swapping out 20 towers worth of APs isn't something I'm excited about doing though.

HHEEEeeeellllPPPPP

Marlon
(509) 982-2181
42846865 (icq) WISP Operator since 1999!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam