To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:32 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Want a bucket truck?

John Scrivner wrote:
I guess you guys do your signal checks with this truck? Any downside? Can it be used to lift anything up to a tower top?
Scriv
Scriv;

We don't do signal checks with the truck. If our installers can't make link from the ground or using few mast sections to check the signal we don't install. I tell them not to climb. Sometimes they do climb but I discourage it. I'd rather just put in another pop.

The truck we have has 900 lbs lift capacity in the bucket. It is an 80' snorkel truck and cost $9,999.00 @ sixty thousand miles.

We use it to install and maintain our pops. Remember we are a 900 MHz canopy shop. We deploy our pops at about 80 feet in dense canopy.

-m-