From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael Erskine
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 8:45 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] the big wild card statement from the 3650 order

John Scrivner wrote:
Patrick, I would expect that the optimistic perspective would be better here. This is better than no protections at all. At least we have a statement from the FCC that we must try to work together here. That is better than the "Wild West" we have in Part-15. For sure "owning" the spectrum in a license makes all the issues go away but there is nothing wrong with trying new things and I am very excited about this new 3650 "license light" type of idea. I have asked you to send me pricing and other information so I can be one of the first to launch 3650 when it is allowed legally. Please do not take the wind out of my sails when I am trying to buy your products. Besides, those lawyers don't scare me. If you remember I am married to one! :-)

... and you are *real* nice to her too, aren't you? :) John that is definately a "till death do us part" deal there. The only thing more dangerous is being married to the owner of a restaurant. If she dumps you, you starve. ;)

Scriv

Patrick Leary wrote:

"(d) All applicants and licensees shall cooperate in the selection
and
use of frequencies in the 3650-3700 MHz band in order to minimize the
potential for interference and make the most effective use of the
authorized facilities.  A database identifying the locations of
registered stations will be available at
<http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls>.
Licensees should examine this database before seeking station
authorization, and make every effort to ensure that their fixed and
base
stations operate at a location, and with technical parameters, that
will
minimize the potential to cause and receive interference.  Licensees
of
stations suffering or causing harmful interference are expected to
cooperate and resolve this problem by mutually satisfactory
arrangements."

Words like "must," "shall," "expected," are loaded as they give
everyone
legal cover to bring people to the table yet it does not specify what
constitutes adequate effort or a resolution or a limit. MASSIVE
Pandora's Box that will keep lawyers busy. Build legal expenses into
your 3650 business models!

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628
c: 760.580.0080

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).