Mike Hammett wrote:
I know Mikrotik has been getting beat up over not having it.

I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Pretty much any reason they stated why they couldn't do it was refuted by seemingly knowledgeable people. As typical, when Mikrotik was proved incorrect, they acted like a bunch of 5 year olds.

I have yet to see them do any such thing. It might be useful here to explain that Mikrotik is a vendor of router platforms. It is nice that they have these cool little boards which can accept, *among other things* cool little radios. That does not make them a wireless vendor. For example, we are only marginally interested in using MT at the edge or our network but we are very interested in replacing our existing NOC with a something almost completly MT based.

So you see, it may well be that there is no real reason for MT to try to compete in the TDM arena. They don't build radios. They don't have their systems FCC certified but anyone who so chooses could probably make money doing that and then reselling their product.

All of that said, do you know of a TDM radio card that comes in a format which can be installed in a MT router? For that matter do you know of a TDM radio which comes as any kind of card even PCI? There really is no point to GPS sync on a CSMA/CA based system such as 802.11x.

So the question I have is what sort of system components would one combine with an MT to start doing GPS based TDM communications and the second part is when would I use GPS sync in I was not running a TDM system?

Thanks

-m-

-----
Mike Hammett