Smith, Rick wrote:
>From what I've seen to date; Alvarion / Canopy / Trango backhaul
equipment - they are merely (sometimes fancy) bridges.

I don't know about all vendors, but Canopy APs certainly can be configured to route. Additionally, the Deliberant radios I have seen do routing as well. I only bring them up because they make use of miniPCI cards for their radios as well.
I prefer to route.  Everything.   Let's not start a war there, either
pls.

Not looking for a war; just an answer to my earlier question in regard to choosing an uncertified MT system vs a certified system.
Ubiquity does NOT have to certify the whole system - they have to cert
the miniPCI card - which I believe is already done.  The "whole" system
is up to whoever wants to certify it and then sell it as a system.

Alright, but then you are still stuck waiting on someone to certify a system.

-Matt