I wonder if the new revision 5 RB 532's addressed this issue?

On 6/10/07, Travis Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No. It is emissions from the DC to DC converter on the board. With no
cards and no ethernet connection, using just a power supply, it can emit
up to +30db of noise in both of those bands.

I have setup several tests with our spectrum analyzer. The board uses a
very cheap DC to DC converter.

We shut down several HAM operators and even the regional ambulance
two-way radio system (and our tower was 300ft away from their tower). We
switched to 18v PoE instead of 48v PoE and that stops 90% of the noise
at 450mHz. However, there is still substantial noise at 145mHz, but the
HAM guys can work around that.

The board will never pass FCC certs. Mikrotik knows it, thus the reason
they never responded to emails and they _deleted_ the message thread on
their forum that I created over a year ago. :(

Travis
Microserv

Smith, Rick wrote:
> well yeah, but aren't those Ethernet emissions?
>
> I had trouble interfering with HAM repeaters until I went to 10 mbps...

Behalf Of Travis Johnson