I'm hoping someone here can point me to good info sources on MDU networking. (I did a quick search and didn't find much specifically on multiple dwelling unit)

I'm a very small wireless ISP. Right now my Internet source is a DSL on top of a city water tower. I'll need more bandwidth in a few months, and access to the water tower is problematic (call in advance, iffy on weekends, etc).

There is a new loft project in this town (80 res units plus a few store fronts), I'm trying to become the preferred ISP for them. The builder is running Cat5 to all the lofts, and I could get a fiber line into the building and reasonably priced bandwidth. I'm thinking a short tower on this 5 story building would link up to a grain leg I have a few miles away, giving my wireless net a faster / better connection to the net.

My questions are:
* is it typical that the property owner gets a kickback for using his Cat5? * seems like the only equipment I would need for the lofts is a good switch and a router to handle bandwidth shaping? * anything else I could offer that would make my offer more attractive to the property manager?

Thanks for pointers to any more details on this line of business. Sorry to hijack the wireless list...
-John

PS - I have done department level network support for many years (50 - 100 computers). And I'm hoping to stay away from phone and video service for now.