I was hoping to use my apc ups's inline with the back up generator.

Any reason why this won't work?

Felix A. Lopez wrote:
George/Mike:  I worked for 6 years in deep UPS and
power quality at PG&E in Silicon Valley including
IEEE1159 and CBEMA curve.  Our field work demonstrated
that if an automatic transfer does not take place at
one quarter of a cycle in a 60 cycle per second AC
power supply, then the sensitive logic controllers of
any network equipment, PLCs, etc will detect the
automatic transfer as a possible zero voltage
condition.  The weblink provided below did not specify
the automatic transfer switch cycle time (see pages 18
to pages 23).  A true UPS with continuous power will
actually provide your utility power source through a
battery system  including power conditioning along
with generator backup.  I had the opportunity to work
with the FAA in Fremont, California which has true
UPS> it was quite a setup.
So you may want to ask at what level you of continuity
you need for your wireless network.
I know of a few subject matter experts in the industry
should you need a consultant.

Felix
Energy and Wireless practioneer Silicon Valley Area

--- Mike Hammett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You can change this all via the APC management
software.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions