On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Patrick Leary wrote:

Yes Chris, you are correct in your recollection; 4.9 GHz cannot be used for any commercial traffic, even in such a partnership.

While on this subject, I have a possible project where 4.9GHz would be perfect. It is a single PD (municipal) with 3 buildings (including the jail) that they want interconnected. I had considered 4.9 because the 5gig band is pretty much useless in that area. RF-wise, we're good. Is there a federal frequency coodinator for use of this band? Local? Do they just start using it? Any insights would be MUCH appreciated.

--
Butch Evans
http://www.butchevans.com/