To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Google makes it official -- putting up $4.6 billion

Although, its smart to ask those questions, and keep a midful eye open for posibilities and threats...

"Can you
compete with FREE service, using 700mhz NLOS technology (meaning
self-install, take the modem with you to work type service)?"

Yes. Becaues the 700Mhz spectrum being auctioned is less than 20Mhz worth of spectrum. Could you image trying to operate your WISP, will all omnis? or only Two sectors? Or really small channel sectors? 700Mhz providers aren't going to be able to provide truely "HI SPEED" services. They are going to be able to deploy low speed mobile services for rural areas. Are WISPs doing that now? Not really. I look at that as competition to Cell Phone providers' edge and evdo.

I will add that Google being added to the bidder's list, will make it harder for WISPs to win auctions. Googles interest in rural markets will get LECs more seriously also looking at thsoe markets, likely raising the low bid.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "Travis Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>