What a load of fluff.  Almost 20 paragraphs from an FCC chairperson
criticizing the current policy and not a single concrete suggestion, other
than some vague "more wireless and BPL" suggestion...

I'm not necessarily a fan of the direction at the FCC.  Still, I'm not
really sure that I've seen a smarter suggestion by and large on most of
their decision (except for the AT&T/BellSouth merger and perhaps their lack
of a stance for net neutrality, although that's a complicated issue).

Is 1.5Mb/s too slow?  Really?  The only application that needs faster
connections at the consumer level is video; I seriously doubt that an extra
bit of lag on the YouTube videos is really going to "be a drag on our
economy".

I'm not against faster broadband.  More bandwidth is good and, judging by
developments in the cable and wireless industry, the next three years are
going to be a "watershed" point in bandwidth capacity in which we'll see
typical go from 3 Mb/s -> 50Mb/s for urban areas.

Still, I'm even more puzzled by the criticism of slow broadband on the WISPA
list...Wireless is a very limited technology in terms of bandwidth (on a
consumer, point to multi-point level).  If anything, you should be grateful
that you're not having to compete against 50 or 100Mb/s fiber
connections.... :)

-Clint Ricker
Kentnis Technologies