Michael Erskine will not be penalized for his post.  We did not find
anything threatening although his tone was rather condescending and
disrespectful towards Peter.  Folks, we have asked plenty of times to keep
political commentary off of this list.  Take it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Be
respectful to other members and avoid having arguments or stimulating
arguments.  There are members in WISPA from a wide assortment of backgrounds
and areas of the country.  There is no reason to boast your credentials over
someone else.  It really has no use or relevance to this listserv.  If you
have to type something like that, to feel good about yourself, then feel
free to remove yourself from this list.  Those people who "are never wrong"
and keep threads going forever trying to prove their point, waste a lot of
bandwidth, our member's time and patience.  I have been approached by many
lurkers of this list that cannot believe how unprofessional some people can
get.  While I tend to take a fairly light approach in moderating this list
in respect for the "freedom of speech", I do have to keep WISPA's best
interest in mind.

Michael, I have had to slap your hand before for your political commentary
and belligerent replies.  You bordered on another suspension this time.  I
ask you to not "walk the line" so closely.  WISPA is an association that
depends on its membership dues to survive.  We will not allow one member to
diminish our ranks because they do not wish to follow the list rules of
behavior.  However, WISPA also appreciates the many hours you have devoted
to the CALEA committee.  Most people do not understand how much effort you
have put into that committee.  For that I commend you.

Peter has also devoted a lot of his time to our efforts, recently joining
the Promotion Committee and has been a very influential and a wise counselor
to our board the past year.  He is versed in the ISP industry with years of
experience.  We also commend his efforts.

I ask that both of you ignore each other's posts.  I am not about to make
you guys be friends, just that you don't badger each other in the public
arena, especially the WISPA publicly archived listserv any further.  The
rest of us really don't care about your political differences of opinion.
Debate it privately or not at all.

Peter, I am not going to remove you from this list as you have too much to
offer to others.  If you feel you must leave, you may do it yourself by
following the links provided at the bottom of the page.  I respect you and
whatever decision you make.  I hope it is a decision to stay.

Respectfully,
Rick Harnish