To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 4:10 PM
Subject: [WISPA] What are your customers worth?

This astounds me. Read the dollar amounts and customer counts below:

Verizon agrees to buy Rural Cellular
<http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/hCfcixdgyzwWwZCibGluwtpU?format=standard>
Verizon Wireless is snapping up Rural Cellular in a deal valued at $2.67
billion. The deal will boost Verizon's subscriber numbers by more than
700,000. The Washington Post/Reuters

A bit of quick math says that they are paying over $3,000.00 per
customer for this company. Obviously WISPs are not able to command such
valuations but it is interesting to see what the bigger guys will value
top end wireless companies
Scriv

Would you like to see your advertisement here? Let the WISPA Board know your feelings about allowing advertisements on the free WISPA lists. The current Board is taking this under consideration at this time. We want to know your thoughts.