Assuming your other upstream is providing an information service over a regulated loop then your upstream is paying the USF on the loop. They may be including their loop costs in your total price or breaking it out. Either way you are paying USF if the service is provided over a regulated telecommunication service such as a T1 loop.

-Matt

J. Vogel wrote:
I know this has been discussed before, possibly not on this list though,
and I haven't been able to find the previous discussion. I have noticed
a charge for USF on my bill from my upstream provider (SBC/AT&T).

I have bonded T1s from them, no phone service. Is a USF charge
appropriate and something I should be paying? If my other upstream
is charging me for USF it isn't itemized on the bill, but I am wondering
how solid the ground I am on is if I attempt to get the charge removed
from the bill it is on.