Butch:

There were actually two different whitespace devices tested by the
FCC, and they were very much prototypes.

Making a device for whitespaces is markedly different than anything
vendors such as Alvarion have ever done, because a whitespaces device
has to guard against interfering with television broadcast signals AND
wireless microphones (yes, really - wireless microphones are a
licensed use of whitespace spectrum).

Until there are real whitespace rules at least proposed... how does a
company like Alvarion even know what to attempt to build?

Thanks,

Steve

--

Steve Stroh