From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gino Villarini
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:57 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] DC power suggestions

What gear do you need to power on ?

Gino A. Villarini
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.
tel  787.273.4143   fax   787.273.4145

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:51 AM
To: 'WISPA General List'

 I have an 80' Rohn 25G tower on top of a 110' concrete grain elevator.
This
elevators power is giving me fits as they are flipping breakers on and
off
as they are in full swing with all the corn coming in right now out of
the
fields. I do have everything on UPS's, but need to move up the ranks
for
longer run times to 4 larger marine batteries to accomplish longer run
times
when the breakers are flipped off.

Here is my question: Do they make a device that has multiple DC power
output
voltages (12/18/24/48) that connects directly to a set of batteries
with
the
ability to connect multiple devices and if so - how do you keep your
batteries charged? I would like to run my gear directly off the DC
power
instead of plugging everything into 120vdc and then have the wall warts
convert to the DC power. I currently have 10 radios on top of the
elevator
and it is a major distribution point for the North and East legs of our
network.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!!

Thanks folks,
Mac