Interesting, unless my math is off that is averaging approx 37 customers per AP (mesh router) and 3.5MBps or 28Mbps average network usage. That seems a bit low for 15k customers considering I know WISPs with 1.2K customers that average half that.

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless

Patrick Leary wrote:
The network has about 400 Tropos mesh nodes and some 60 BreezeACCESS VL
nodes that provide the PmP backhaul layer.
- Patrick

First Year of Google Wi-Fi
8/24/2007 10:03:00 AM By Minnie Ingersoll, Chris Sacca & Larry Alder, Alternative Access Team

Our Mountain View WiFi network just celebrated its first anniversary
<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/free-citywide-wifi-in-mountain-v
iew.html> , and we thought you'd appreciate a few data points. The
network's 400+ mesh routers cover about 12 square miles
<http://wifi.google.com/city/mv/apmap.html>  and 25,000 homes to serve
approximately 15,000 unique users each month. Since the beginning of
2007, traffic has grown almost 10 percent each month, and the network
now handles over 300 gigabytes of data each day, sent to over 100
distinct types of WiFi devices. Virtually the entire city has been
taking advantage of the network, with 95 percent of the mesh routers
being used on any given day.

Around the globe and across the U. S., many people are still not able to
access the online services that are increasingly helpful, if not
essential, tools for our daily lives. This is why we're committed to
promoting alternative platforms for people to access the web, no matter
where you are, what you're doing or what device you're using.

For those who have been following the effort
<https://home.feather.net/sanfrancisco>  to create a free wireless
network in San Francisco, we continue to hope that EarthLink and The
City will find a way to enable all San Franciscans to enjoy the free
WiFi network they deserve. On a broader scale, we hope that the success
of the Mountain View model will encourage others to think creatively
about how to address access issues in many other communities.

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.

**
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **