Jason wrote:

The ip address space is "owned" by a company that is three or four layers up in the reseller chain (I'm told that they own the dish on the other end).

Unless they've properly delegated reverse DNS (and it sounds like they haven't) you'll either have to work your way up the chain, or get someone else to shuffle your outgoing email.

Is there no work-around (like the dynamic ip guys or something)? I hate to get that cheesy anyway....

Sadly, that's just not how it works. Forward DNS and reverse DNS are conceptually the same, and from a technical standpoint just about the same, but from a managerial perspective (zone roots and who gets what parts sub-delegated) they're two different monsters entirely.

David Smith
MVN.net

**
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **