Travis Johnson wrote:
Hi,

We have DSL, Cable, licensed 2.5ghz wireless providers and several other WISP's in our areas. We are the most expensive out of all of them (512k = $39.95 per month). However, we offer a real, static IP address for every customer. We offer a free firewall/wireless router during the install, and we have local support. We also guarantee our speed ("If you buy 512k, you get 512k all the time, 24 hours per day"). We also offer the same upload and download speed ("If you buy 1meg, you get 1meg down AND 1meg up").
Travis, out of curiosity do you have many p2p users? If you do, do you do anything discourage it or stick to the you pay for 512k you get 512k?

I honestly think in the long run as WISPs we need to find a way to handle these types of users.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

The other WISP in the area is selling 4meg down x 1meg up for $34.95 ("best effort speeds"). Licensed, "take the indoor modem with you from work to home, etc." provider is doing 3meg for $29.95
Cable is $29.95 for "up to 5 megs".
DSL is $29.95 for "up to 7 megs".

And, right now, we have more business than we can keep up with. We did 114 installs last month and could have done 140+ if we could find installers to hire.

Travis
Microserv

**
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **