Without knowing more about your environment I'd agree with Marlon (gawd, did I just say that? ;)

I would really look at running something closer to 30-50 customers per CPE in 802.11b even if you are running low bandwidth plans. I currently don't have that luxury as I'm topping out at 50-60 customers per AP in 802.11b and it is really not keeping up, but I'm getting the high use customers moved to 802.11a at a rate I can afford.

As for APs that is a good question, but having used CB3s in AP mode for micro pops, I can tell you just about anything modern is going to be a LOT better than what you have.

George has suggested StarOS as a roll your own solution. The other option is RouterOS on something like a routerboard 532 or the 300s. I know there are people that have used the Tranzeo APs with success and I've also heard really good things about Deliberant gear.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
Hi Tim,

I've cc'd the wispa list here.  Lots of great help on that one too.

75 cpe is pushing the limits of most ap's these days. yeah, they'll handle more, but if you have many busy ones you'd be bumping up against the limits for most. Practically speaking.

FIRST though, you are talking about a LOT of power here. 200mw cpe and 400mw ap's are rarely needed in the real world.

We need to know more about your system configs. Customer distances. Antennas used. Signal levels. etc. etc. etc.

Feel free to hit me off list as I don't get to the lists ever day.

laters,
marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Timothy McGee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>