The CMTS does have ethernet interface. The problem is the distribution
of the video data and voice. The CMTS seem to have an IF (intermediate
frecuency) interfaces and coaxial interfaces.

The IF if is meant to transmit the CMTS "signal" over wireless links
(not IP ones of course), the coax ifs do the same over coax lines.

I would like to transmit that "signal" using IP wireless links (such
as Alv B100 or whatever) to other areas. If we do not manage to do
that we will have to install one CMTS for each area and that is really
expensive.

Many Thanks for your responses. If you have any other clue on how to
solve this please let me know.

On 9/25/07, Allen Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Motorola PTP 600 radio support both Ethernet and T1 interface. Not sure
> which CMTS you are refer to, but the compact CMTS/Router does have Ethernet
> interface, does that combination will work?
>
> Regards
>
> Allen
>

> On 9/25/07, Mark Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > If they're only going to use 1 CMTS then you must get wireless links that
> > shoot video, which will pretty much kill any IP wireless links in the area
> > running on the same channel.
> >
> > A CMTS usually must have a management server for provisioning &
> > management,
> > so you could buy several cheaper CMTSs (I purchased a used Nortel/Arris
> > CMTS1000 years ago and it's never had a hiccup) and place them at each
> > site,
> > linking them to the management server via wireless links.
> >
> > I've also investingated DOCSIS wireless radios (they'll just do the data
> > part).
> >
> > The problem with all this is if you don't have some kind of circuits
> > (wired
> > or wireless) between the sites, then you'll have to have feeds for all the
> > channels you're going to provide at each location.  Depending on mileage,
> > you may be able to use dry copper circuits.  I know that some of this can
> > be
> > done over T-1 circuits, but the project I'm involved in didn't go that
> > route, so I never spent too much time on it.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Mark Nash
> > UnwiredOnline
> > 350 Holly Street