Travis,

That is an insightful realization. I noticed the same thing when recently doing
my 11Ghz, 18Ghz, and 24Ghz calculations.
In terms of 9s reliabilty, the jump from 2ft-4ft didn't really make that much
difference in the Higher Ghz gear.
Not nearly as much a difference as with 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz.
It was much more advantageous to use the next lower down spectrum range to gain
the distance.
The impact of 2ft to 4ft however has two major negative impacts... Windload,
which is 4x worse, and Space preventing multiple antennas fro mcolocating next
to each other.  Its not jsut a space issue from verticle pole position, but
also teh 4ft dishes may stick out further (if drum type) blocking coverage from
sectors antennas mounted on tehsame horizontal plane.  Just recently FiberTower
mounted a 3ft dish and took out 30 degrees of one of my sectors, even though I
was mounted 10-15 feet to the side of them, because the tip of the drum blocked
part of the view.

Even selecting a 3ft dish is way advantageous over a 4ft, just because of
windload and space. You can get two 3ft dished on a 10fttall-3"dia pole, but
only get about 1 4 ft. Considering, every foot you go taller on the pole, adds
significant increased windload, do to leverage.  Not to mention the ease and
safety of working with a 2ft compared to a 4ft.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband