I am honest and forward with my customers, to a fault. I tell them when I
have issues at towers, with ISPs, with mistakes _I_ have made! It just seems
to work better than covering up everything with crazy messed up PR.

If they don't like that then they can go somewhere else. They will be back
and will be less trouble when they do come back.

When I started MY business, I did not want to deal with people that:
1. Can't handle reality.
2. Can't handle the fact that I can't come to the phone because my Jr.
Partner wants me to play Barbie with her. (She is 4 and quite demanding)
3. That we run our business out of our house.
4. That my wife occasionally has to put a customer on hold to tell the dog
to get off the couch.
5. Want the planet, complete control of my towers and CPE for $45 a month.
6. Don't understand why they can't get 54mbit out of my radios.
7. Are generally rude to me or my spouse.

I have let about 3 people go after they have shown that they meet the list
above. It has been better for both parties. Me, I get to let them go and my
time is used on more valuable customers. Them, they get to tell everyone how
good my service was compared to "the other guy" that won't let them out of
the contract like I did.

2 of the 3 people above have already called me and asked if I can hook them
up after their 2 year agreement with another WISP/large wireless BB company
lets them out of their contract.

The best part about being honest? Customers trust you and cut you slack when
things are bad.

Heck, I just got an email from a potential multi-site customer. He was
referred to me by a customer that got one of my maintenance emails the
maintenance email was NOT a glowing self review of my services but this
potential customer was impressed by my honesty and wants to use me over the
telco!

I think I need more coffee...

ryan