From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:28 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] RB532 Harmful Noise at 899 also

Mac,

Are you saying the new RB532's (400mhz versions for example) do not have
noise issues when running 48V PoE?

Travis
Microserv

Mac Dearman wrote:
Tom,
I have had some issues in the 149/151MHz range at 48Vdc and have had a
spectrum analyzer sniffing the board and the POE to check for other "out of
band" emissions and have never seen an instance with MT at that high of a
frequency. The problems were on the older RB532 and it is well documented on
how to fix the problem. 99% of the noise that we saw was actually being
transmitted at the POE (transferred via cat5?) at the base of the tower and
it was resolved by changing to 18Vdc POE. It was bad enough that we shut
down two Sheriffs Depts. Base stations and a HAM operator - - each on their
own towers where we were co-located. (ouch)
The issue was resolved and changes to the MB were immediate. Mac