To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:24 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Horizontal vs. Vertical

Why are horizontal antenna some times fewer db gain than vertical?

I'm planning for a new tower and the MTI antennas have a 4 db difference between polarizations. I always thought horizontal had better propagation characteristics, but is it enough to make up for the 4 db lower antenna gain?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com