From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kirb Nesbitt
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 1:37 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Canopy 900 Cap

Was hoping some one might comment on what the typical max subscriber
or a simple omni config.
I have been asked by a friend to evaluate the local ISP's ability to
service his new cottage development (350 lots) vs the option of building
out his own network to service his residents and some additional planned
development in the vicinity.
Incumbent provider is running 900 Mhz Canopy (~6.5 miles to tower).
Irrespective of the fact some of the coverage region comes up pretty
iffy, particularly when trees are introduced amongst the cottage lots,
my suspicion is there's going to be a need for additional infrastructure
based solely on current capacity requirements (150 lots initially).
Appreciate all comments, and thanks for all the great reading in the
past (have been in R.O. for some time).

Regards,
Kirb Nesbitt, Bsc., VE6IV

Nesbitt Engineering Services Inc