I have to agree. The spectran is a turd and in no way is useful for the purpose of detecting and identifying radio interference in the bands and at the power levels of interest to WISPS.

Patrick Shoemaker wrote:
I bought an HF-6080 last year when I first started my company.

Basically, it was useless for me. I first noticed that it didn't seem to be showing noise that it should have been seeing, according to the spec-an built into a Canopy SM. I ended up testing it with a calibrated RF signal generator through its entire rated frequency range. The results were atrocious. Contacting Aaronia was no help whatsoever, even when I gave them the hard data showing that the unit was grossly inaccurate.

Spend your money on a decent used spectrum analyzer on Ebay. The Aaronia is very portable and convenient to use, and the PC interface is nice, but a turd with nice features is still a turd.

Patricks

Jason Bunyea wrote:
saw a google ad for these.. anyone used one ?

http://test1.contenttest.net/Spektrumanalysator_en.shtml