Say Ralph, I don't suppose your offer extends to others?

I've looked at Radio Mobile a few times, but didn't want to invest the time to figure it out. My current method involves using google earth, drawing a line between the two points, then sliding the cursor along it to see elevations (while sort of watching the vegetation). Not exactly scientific!

If you don't mind doing a path analysis for me, here's one:

Site A:  42°55'59.62"N     84°14'55.80"W   I'm using a grain leg here.

Site B: 43° 0'15.15"N 84°11'37.26"W ( I can get a gigabit ethernet connection here -- well, could only afford 5Mbit, but still ...)

I would need to build a tower at site B, but how high does it need to be? It is only a 5.5 mile jump, and the elevation doesn't change much, so I would think 70' might work (enough to clear the trees, plus some). The grain leg is about 80', the connection would be 5.8GHz.

If you would be willing to run Radio Mobile with this, I would love to see the results. Might encourage me to spend more time with it.

And if not, well thanks for your time and happy new year!

-John
Maple River Networks, LLC
Laingsburg Michigan

(PS - started a wisp last year. I'm just doing it part-time for now, only about 25 households connected. But I have about 8 POPs setup, working on a better backhaul before I focus on more customers. Currently using a DSL connection that I can't get at on weekends -- was solid for most of the year, but died over Thanksgiving weekend so I was down 3 days. And then power went out and killed it for 6 hours on Christmas)