To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 3:00 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Radio Mobile

Radio Mobile is not doing a simple free space loss calculation. There will
be a fade margin factored in based on the numbers you use for mode of
variability. If you open the path profile window then do a "view" "details"
you will get a text window that shows all the calculation details the
program used to derive the numbers. That is the first place to start to look
for the difference. The other thing you may be seeing is that if you don't
have the antennas aimed directly at each other, in the calculation you will
be getting the gain from something other than the strongest point in the
pattern.

Thank You,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com <http://www.wirelessmapping.com>