Ryan,

Due to the moratorium on communication between bidding parties in the 700
MHz Auction, very little can be said on the public lists concerning this
topic.  Everyone needs to be very careful if responding to this thread that
nothing be exposed about who is bidding or whether they are working directly
with a bidding party.  Ryan's question is very general though and it would
be ok to respond on how it will affect the WISP industry.  WISPA cannot be
held liable for any posts which break the rules the FCC has imposed upon the
700 MHz auction.  We have posted these rules previously.

to the auction and the results.  There may be opportunities with the
successful bidders to sublease the spectrum in local markets.  We all know
the challenges of nationwide deployments from a logistics standpoint.  Local
markets may be better served by aggressive local WISPs who develop
partnerships or subleasing agreements.  Whether or not that can be achieved
is yet to be seen.  I also believe that successful WISPs that take good care
of their customers and their network infrastructure will have a place in the
future.  Unlicensed Technology is fairly inexpensive to deploy, maintain and
operate.  I believe there will be successful businesses continuing to
operate in this unlicensed space for some time to be unless the FCC suddenly
reverses the rulings on this space to protect bidders of licensed spectrum
from competition.

Respectfully,
Rick Harnish
Moderator