I think the key would be that these portable devices require a AP to
talk to, and that AP's be limited as licensed devices (like 3650). The
protocol would need to be setup so that they do not talk unless they
can hear a AP (and handshake a stable link). This is my opinion of the
best middle ground (unlicensed vs portable devices vs fixed point
wireless). I also agree in splitting the band so you have group A (out
door fixed wireless), group B (short range, say 1000ft link). This
would allow CPE to be designed from the ground up as node devices.
Does this seam reasonable?