That may be an easy one, depending on your management needs.
Just get the Mikrotik Routerboard rb192 ($109) with enclosure ($17).
You'll have 9 ports, low power requirements, and 12v!

--

Patrick Shoemaker wrote:
> Slightly above your budget, but managed DIN mount with 12-48 VDC 
> compatibility:
>
> http://www.bb-elec.com/product_multi_family.asp?MultiFamilyId=81&TrailType=Sub&Trail=5
>
>
> Patrick Shoemaker
> President, Vector Data Systems LLC
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> office: (301) 358-1690 x36
> mobile: (410) 991-5791
> http://www.vectordatasystems.com
>
>
> Jason wrote:
>   
>> Oops! I didn't catch that.  They might have a managed version; but 
>> doubtful.  Try clicking around their main site:
>>
>> http://www.icpdas.com
>>
>> Jason
>>
>>
>>
>> D. Ryan Spott wrote:
>>     
>>> Almost there! I need management. :(
>>>
>>> ryan
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
>>> Behalf Of Jason
>>> Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:37 AM
>>> To: WISPA General List
>>> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Strange managed switch request
>>>
>>> http://www.icpdas-usa.com/ns_208_ethernet_switch.html for $155.00
>>>
>>> I bought one for a solar powered ap I'm building because of its very low 
>>> power consumption (2.2W).  8 ports, 10 to 30 vdc, din rail mountable.  I 
>>> haven't installed it yet though, so this is only a lead, not an 
>>> endorsement.  I attached a pic for scale.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Jason
>>>
>>> D. Ryan Spott wrote:
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> My budget is around 100-200 bucks. The small form factor is important. I
>>>> find that the ratings for these switches is usually from 5-72VDC. I am
>>>> looking to see if anyone on the list is actually using a switch like this
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> in
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> production.
>>>>
>>>> If someone says "yes, I have this device running on 12VDC" then I will go
>>>> buy that device.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks!
>>>>
>>>> ryan
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
>>>> Behalf Of Gino Villarini
>>>> Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 8:31 AM
>>>> To: WISPA General List
>>>> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Strange managed switch request
>>>>
>>>> Whats your budget?
>>>>
>>>> Linksys has one for about $150, then you can step up to industrial type
>>>> of units(Cisco, Moxa, Etherwan, Garret, Sixnet ect)  those will start at
>>>> about $500 up ... they usually take 12 - 72 vdc 
>>>>
>>>> Gino A. Villarini
>>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>> Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.
>>>> tel  787.273.4143   fax   787.273.4145
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
>>>> Behalf Of D. Ryan Spott
>>>> Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 12:25 PM
>>>> To: WISPA General List
>>>> Subject: [WISPA] Strange managed switch request
>>>>
>>>> Hey guys, I am looking for an 8-port, 10/100 managed switch for a remote
>>>> site.
>>>>
>>>> It needs to be a small form factor switch.
>>>>
>>>> The weird part is that it needs to be 12V DC!
>>>>
>>>> Anyone know of such a beast?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>>
>>>> ryan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> --------
>>>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>>>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> --------
>>>>  
>>>> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>>>>
>>>> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
>>>> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>>>>
>>>> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> ----
>>>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>>>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> ----
>>>>  
>>>> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>>>>
>>>> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
>>>> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>>>>
>>>> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ----
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>>>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ----
>>>   
>>>       
>>>>  
>>>> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>>>>
>>>> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
>>>> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>>>>
>>>> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>>>
>>>> --- AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM) ---
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>  
>>> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>>>
>>> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
>>> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>>>
>>> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>>
>>> --- AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM) ---
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>       
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  
>> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>>
>> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
>> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>>
>> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>     
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
> http://signup.wispa.org/
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
> WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org
>
> Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
> http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless
>
> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>
>   



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to