Someone posted some questions about a year ago about IPv6 and most of us
looked at it and said yeah, some day.. but for a lot of us IPv6 is our
next step.....

Has anyone sat down and done anything thinking about how they're going
to meet guidelines for deployment? More specifically how are we going to
hand out a /48 to each customer ? This is much easier in a PtP world,
but with PtMP it makes it much more difficult to manage. Who is using
link-locals for PTP router connections on your backbone? What about /64s
? Anyone see major issues with doing such? What about IPv6->IPv6
gateways/6to4 tunnels? Anyone configure one on their network yet? Are
people running dual stack instead of depending on a gateway/tunnel? Or
have there been issues with setting up dual stack POPs?

There are a lot of questions for anything thinking about IPv6
integration / migration, and I'd like to discuss some of the options as
far as moving forward with IPv6 deployment with anyone that is interested.

-Tony

--

Anthony R. Mattke
Senior Network Engineer