From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bryan Scott
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 5:39 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] IPv6 and Us

Anthony R. Mattke wrote:
> Someone posted some questions about a year ago about IPv6 and most of
> us looked at it and said yeah, some day.. but for a lot of us IPv6 is
> our next step.....
>
>   What about IPv6->IPv6 gateways/6to4 tunnels? Anyone configure one on
their network yet?

I've done this at home with one of my Linux boxes and it works great on
Linux and OS X.  That's as far as I got.

> There are a lot of questions for anything thinking about IPv6
> integration / migration, and I'd like to discuss some of the options as
> far as moving forward with IPv6 deployment with anyone that is interested.

We went to an ARIN IPv6 meeting, and even got our initial IPv6
allocation.  The biggest problem pointed out by the DOD presenter was
that nobody's eating their own dog food.  All the vendors are making
IPv6 "compliant" gear, but it doesn't cooperate well (he cited various
issues in their testing).

That leads to the second problem, which is since nothing works, nobody
deploys.  Without anybody deploying, nothing gets tested so that it
works.  A big chicken-and-egg problem...

After getting our deployment, I asked our (big name) upstream providers
about setting up concurrent IPv6 peering or tunneling, whichever would
work.  They were reluctant and said they weren't really ready or
couldn't do it.

-- Bryan

----