Mark McElvy wrote:
> I had a hotel customer call me and the corporate office is requiring
> that after a customer connects to Internet, wired or wireless, they get
> redirected to a terms and conditions agreement page the to a corporate
> portal page. Currently the have wired access only and are not using
> hotspot or logon of any kind. Also the are running Mikrotik on a RB532
> as the router.

A bit of cleverness with the Mikrotik hotspot package should get you
what you're looking for. Make sure everyone on that network has to go
through the Mikrotik system (make it the network-wide DHCP server, for
instance), so it can keep track of things. If you're adding wireless APs
at the same time, you can either have them act as DHCP relays, or just
make them transparent bridges so guests are still talking to that
central router on the IP level. The latter is probably simpler, and in a
small-scale setup like this the bridging shouldn't cause any problems.

Users who aren't logged in can be forced to a certain page (the "login"
page in Mikrotik parlance), which can display the T&C. After they "log
in" (make it a simple 'I Agree' button, and internally use MAC
authentication), just redirect them to the company portal page. They'll
be logged in at that point and can browse freely.

David Smith
MVN.net