> A lot of people mention using DSL instead of a T1.

Rule #1- If your business model doesn't work for full price T1s, ($600 per
mon), don't get involved in providing service.
In the long run, You'll go crazy trying to support a WISP on a DSL
connection.
Not from a speed perspective, but from a uptime, SLA point of view.
Don't misunderstand me, there are many small community type network WISPs
that started out offering services on a DSL connection, to save some bucks,
while the customer base was getting built, or while RF R&D was getting done.
And very well may be a good idea starting out.
But charge upfront based on what it would cost if you were paying the T1
cost.  If the area really needs service, people will pay, even if its a
community network.  If they won't there is not enough demand for the service
in that area.  Its easier to be realistic on the potential costs, and get
revenue while building it to recoupe your costs, than underestimate and try
and raise prices later.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband