On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Butch Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008, Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
>
>  As for RF and networking skills, I don't think that the networking part
> > is that big of a deal.  Anyone can handle that part of your network from
> >

> While this is partly true, there is significant benefit in engineering a
> network correctly from BOTH the RF side and IP side. In fact, I don't see
> how they can be separated, given that part of the engineering will involve
> equipment selection, which will be directly impacted by the needs of the
> network.

I've been doing networking stuff for a while, and I still have to pause and
think for a second when it comes to IGMP, RSTP, etc.

There areas in IP that one has to focus on and become way better on.  I
wouldn't say that it's "easy", per se -- just a little different to what
most people were used to.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  If you're familiar
with the fundamentals, then it's all variations of the same themes.