From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Hammett
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:40 AM
To: WISPA List
Subject: [WISPA] Network Security

I have a client that wants to have open terminals, but secure network
access.

The only way I've seen having the individualized network access (different
users have access to different folders within a share) has been to save the
network password.  That obviously requires a further layer of security
elsewhere, so I have the employees use passwords to get into Windows.

A more advanced approach would be to use Novell or Windows Server, but I
don't believe they really offer any advantage over simple network sharing in
this company's situation.  Personally, I would never use Novell, but they
brought it up because someone used it before.

Any recommendations?

Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com