I'm curious to know WISPA's official position on this is.

Looking back in the archives, I see little discussion about this, but the
only way this information is going to be obtained, is if ISP's are required
to determine the location of each census unit and then plot on maps of the
census unit each customer and count them up.   At this moment, I have no
idea what a "census unit" is, how it is determined, or even how to find out
that information, much less plot hundreds of customers spread over thousands
of square miles.   Frankly, I haven't the time.

Unless software exists to automate this, this is going to be rather man-hour
intensive for anyone with more than 20 broadband customers.

Is WISPA going to lobby to defend us from this big pile of free labor the
FCC wants us to do so they can claim political credit, or are they going to
sell us down the river by lobbying for it?   It seemed that no organized
resistance existed for the first mandate to report, and unless we start
defending ourselves from the do-gooders in DC, we're going to end up with
mountains of work and nothing but a headache and some legal papers from
bankruptcy court to show for it.

Every industry I know of is VEHEMENT in telling the federal goverment to
back off from mandates... Why does the ISP industry just keep rolling over
and getting reamed?

<insert witty tagline here>