> I can find absolutely no reason to think that ANY of us are going to
> benefit
> from this.   The only people who could possibly benefit, would be the
> Qwest's and the Clearwires of the world, who have publicly financed
> "expansion research" done for them.

If the collated data are made publicly available, there's no reason you
can't gain exactly the same benefits as 'they' do. This is assuming data
are made available at a sufficiently granular level as to be of benefit to
anyone; to the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been the case in the
past.

As an aside, at least on the "old" FCC 477, you have the option of
requesting that your company's data not be publicly disclosed. I'm not
immediately sure why anyone would choose that option, but it's there.

David Smith
MVN.net